Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Check out my haul!!!

So in my excitement to take the concentric vest to My Sister Knits this morning, I completely forgot to take a picture, so you'll have to imagine it in you head. Lime green Euroflax Bulky, a luxurious linen that washes beautifully. Very springy and fun!

And this is what I got in return:



About 34 YARDS of beautiful fabric! You do the math!



These very cool fat quarters that I think will become a diaper bag for Janie, my sister-in-law. What do you think, Scott?



27(!) fat quarters that will become a comforter and shams for my bed.








Some moons and Stars fat quarters, 1/2 yard cuts of Civil War repro fabric, and all of these fat eighths. All of these will become lap quilts at some point!

And the piece de resistance......


These are the 30s repro fabrics for my spare room quilt.





These reproduction handkerchiefs were the catalyst for my quilting frenzy. I bought them last fall with the plan to use them as the "blocks" with the 30s fabric.

With all of this loveliness in my home, you would think that Julie's basement would be fabric free, but oh, no! This woman has probably got 1000 yards of fabric in her basement. No joke. She told me that she needs to thin it out, so just come to her house before I go to the fabric store!

Julie, I will knit for the shop anytime, as long as you pay me in yarn and fabric! Thanks so much.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tara,
    Great collection of repro fabrics and hankies. The colors are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what gorgeous fabrics! you lucky girl-having someone willing to share such wealth! (by the way....did you know that bear picnic's husband is a civil war buff? just in case you didn't think you'd be using that.....)

    I can't wait to see what you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! did you strike it rich! well done! can't wait ot see what becomes of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great 30's fabrics for your quilt! It's going to be a terrific quilt!

    ReplyDelete