Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring wonderland?





Mother Nature withheld the moisture from us this winter, but we got another 6 inches of snow last night. It is beautiful and the wet snow gives the plants some much desired water. But I WANT SUNSHINE AND 70 DEGREE WEATHER! At least it melts quickly!

My sister and nieces came up on Thursday during their spring break and we had a very fun crafty day. I replaced the lining in her wee play bag and once again I'm pleased with it! She said, "It's perfect." Doesn't get much better than that! I also made skirts for Anna, 3, and Katie, 6. Becca(9) sewed her own! She did such a great job for her first time using a sewing machine. We had a lot of fun picking out the fabrics and it was cool for the girls to choose something that was "them." Anna is a huge fan of her cousin Tade and she thought he should have some shorts in her pink and purple bee and ladybug fabric! Keri is going to send me a picture soon and I'll post it ASAP.

There's a Spring Green givaway over at not quite june cleaver. She's got a lovely blog and only a handful have commented so far, so chances are good for a win! Go check it out!

I'm off to finish some curtains for the inn and make cookies for my boys! Have a great weekend!

(Do you know what a dork I am? Amanda Jean at crazymomquilts--one of my Favorite Blogs Ever--commented on my last post. I almost swooned. I think I'm pretty cool!)

1 comment:

  1. oh course you are cool...especially if you got 6 inches of new snow :)

    We have beautiful sunshine in MD today but 40+ mph winds to outside isn't an option. I'll just have to sew, oh dear!

    you are so lucky to have nieces to sew for and with!! I am so jealous. My niece (now 27) used to give away anything I made for her, so I stopped for her. My nephews just want legos.

    What kind of cookies?

    ReplyDelete